Thursday 11 December 2014

I told you I'd paint something...

Actually got some work done on Grukk and his Squig (I'm calling him Bitey), had a good night painting for a few hours with the guys in the Scythe, haven't done it in a while, looking forward to doing it again. I'd primed the model the night before with the airbrush, using black but then a zenithal burst of light gray, which has really helped the greens stand out.
First Pass of the skin and the leather jacket, went for a brown jacket as I wanted some warm colour in the centre and getting colder on the arms and banner
 
Always a lot of fun hanging out with some like-minded people, drinking tea laughing at freaks and painting some models, its such a change from the usual type of painting where its you alone in your room, it's probably one of my favouite things to do and I wish I got to do it more often.

The Squig was a lot of fun to paint, those teetch are really cool, need to push all the highlights a bit on him though
 
 When I got home I started work on converting an Ork Trukk to go with a Rebel Grot gang for GorkaMorka, I'm happy with the progress on it so far! This is a Lugga, its grot powered, so I built a bit fan with a crank, it works but is in no way practical, not that this would stop Grots.

The crank and blades really spin and the handles rotate too, need to add a top deck and some boarding planks.



No comments:

Post a Comment