Wednesday 6 June 2012

First Post!

I've been getting into painting miniatures a lot lately, making a lot of progress, so I thought I'd try and chart that with a blog like everyone else in the world. So that's what this is.

Every month I've been completing stuff for the Oath thread over at the Something Awful forums, you have to vow to do at least a few models every month, there are prizes and the whole thing is really well organised and fun, I've been working on my Warhammer 40,000 Orks so far, just completed another six Boyz and two Trukks.

Here's the completed pic


Every month has a theme, that you get extra points for using, this month was weathering, which you can see some of here. My first time using weathering powders really, needs a tidy up on the panel.



Sadly, the other truck isn't as well done, this needs a lot of cleaning up



And a close up of some boyz



I really need to get a better lens for this stuff, the one I've got right now isn't working out well, doesn't get enough in focus really..

I have to decide what to oath for this month, the theme is to try something new this month and to write a short story about the model, I'm thinking it might be a good idea to do the Warboss (HQs count as 3 models, which is minimum), maybe assemble a diorama type thing with a Space Marine Commander, but then I'd need to decide which Marine Chapter to go for! Paralyzed with indecision!

As well as this, there has been a painting club at my local Games Workshop for the past few months, I've really enjoyed that, sadly it was cancelled tonight, but the guy teaching there has been excellent, but it has meant I've bought a lot more models that I usually would, oops. Today the only thing I've done is assemble a unit of Ogres, just for practice, I'm not going to start another army. That's what I keep telling myself anyway.

Ok, so that was my first blog post, I'll post again once I've made my oath I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment