Saturday 23 June 2012

Some WIP

Last night was good fun, went to the Games Workshop midnight pre-order part, the whole painting group were there, so it was enjoyable, we sat round and painted till about 1 am and ordered the new rule book and bitched about the rest of the customers.

Getting pretty excited for 6th edition now, its looking great and now that I finally know a decent group of people to play with, I might get some gaming done for the first time in years!

So, finally, here are some pictures of what I've been working on over the last few weeks:



Got the basecoat done on my Ork Warboss for the June Oath, and started work on his tabard, really happy with how it came out, still a lot to be done on him, but I should easily be able to finish this off for Wednesday.



Also been working on my Minotaurs Chapter Space Marine Commander, he's pretty much finished and is magantised to have a choice of 4 different weapons, looking good and I've started on a Combat squad of stripped Space Marines to go with him!



Also done more work on the Ogre, the pants, I was trying to use a colour contrast as well as a light-dark contrast, using a purpley kind of brown colour, using more dark purple in the shadows and working up to a contrasting yellow, sadly, its not worked out very well and hasn't gone with the rest of the model very well.

Next up, more painting! Have to finish the first two models by Wednesday to complete the oath as I'm off to London on Thursday! No idea what to do more next month, I might wait till I see what the secret ingredient is. I'll be back on Wednesday with the finished models!

No comments:

Post a Comment