Wednesday 14 May 2014

Year in games so far...

As well as painting and not updating this log, I have been trying to play a lot more games, aiming for at least one game of something played every week, on average I've hit that with ease so far this year and I've really enjoyed it.

I've played 40K with my Orks a few times, a lot more with Space Marines and even once with those mysterious and aloof Eldar in a Kill Team night, standard 40k, Escalation, Zone Mortallis, Necromunda.

I've played about 5 matches of Dread Ball, which is great fun, played with both the Corporation and Orx teams, I think Orx are for me, brutal and smashy with not much skill seems to work for me.

Played a few games of X-Wing which is a really tight and fun little game with really simple rules that can lead to some great gameplay.

I've only played a few games of Drop zone Commander, which is another excellent game, really interesting game ideas with different types of unit being very different so you really need a combined arms approach and a lot of working together to get results.

Really getting excited about the new edition of 40k though, from the things that have been shown so far it looks a lot more flexible and needs more generalmanship than just a good list, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment